11.23.2010

Just... write.

I am ridiculous. Why, you may ask? Well, too many reasons to mention. But the thing to which I am referring is the very thing that currently holds your attention.

This blog.

You see, I have an obsession with language, with communication, with expression. I write something almost every day, and yet I haven't updated this blog in over four months.

I wanted, so badly, for this blog to be organized. It had a particular plan and a specified purpose. And you know, maybe that was my downfall. I try to urge people to write as often as possible. I tell them to be unafraid of the mistakes of their own writing, and yet I sit here with five unpublished posts -- more than I have published. In essence, I am nothing short of a hypocrite.

But it's time for that to change. It's time for me to care more about sharing my thoughts with others. I'm not here to say my thoughts are utterly profound or earth-shattering by any means, and, if that's what you're expecting, I apologize in advance for the disappointment. However, I am here to say that I serve a God who imagined the idea of an imagination. And then, graciously, He gave one to us all. To not use it would be to waste a gift.

So I choose to change my lackadaisical public writing habits. I'm going to keep up with my blog(s) and my journals. I'm going to practice what it means to be rid of audience inhibition. I'm going to remember what it's like to be transparent. And I'm going to use that to help me remember what it means to be alive.

May the God of imagination remind you what it means to dream, to hope, to wish. I pray you learn to dream like you did as a child, innocent and free from all forms of rules and expectations. More importantly, I pray you learn to live like you used to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment